- Entrants must be currently enrolled at the University of Michigan at the undergraduate or graduate level.
- Submissions must be the original work of the entrant and respond to a specific prompt from the LOVE ART MORE project.
- Entrants may submit up to two submissions per individual prompt.
- All submissions that comply with the instructions of the assignment will be posted online at umma.umich.edu/loveartmore.
- By sending a submission to the LOVE ART MORE project, entrants grant UMMA irrevocable non-transferable permission to use their submission for any internal University purpose, both related and unrelated to the LOVE ART MORE project, without compensation, as well as in any media, known or future, on and in connection with educational programs, materials, and related uses including without limitation:
- Use in exhibition galleries, research and archival use, computer kiosks, websites, catalogs, podcasts, videocasts, audio tours, brochures, online curriculum, programming on educational television stations, and cultural documentaries.
- Promotion and advertising (print and online) related to the Museum’s programs and educational mission.
- Inter-museum efforts to disseminate information about modern and contemporary art for educational purposes.
- Distribution via UMMA social media channels including but not limited to Flickr, YouTube, Facebook, Twitter, etc.
- In submitting photographs or video documentation of individuals, the entrant warrants to the University of Michigan and UMMA that the entrant has obtained all required rights and permission to photograph and distribute images of the persons and objects in the photograph. The University of Michigan and UMMA holds the entrant solely responsible for cases in which the subjects have not granted permission.
- The project organizers reserve the right to disqualify entries that do not conform to the stated rules and guidelines. It is the entrant’s responsibility to ensure that he/she has complied with these Official Rules. By participating in the LOVE ART MORE project, the entrant agrees to be bound by these Official Rules and to provide all reasonable documentation UMMA may request to verify the entrant’s compliance.